Islamic Tehreek Pakistan Announces Withdrawal in Favor of Allied Candidate in Skardu Constituency 1

20 May, 2026 07:09

According to ShiiteNews, Islamic Tehreek Pakistan has announced the withdrawal of its nominated candidate, Wazir Ilyas, from Skardu Constituency No. 1 in favor of Raja Jalal Hussain Maqpoon, the candidate of the Istehkam-e-Pakistan Party.

In this regard, the central Secretary General of Islamic Tehreek Pakistan and other senior leaders specially arrived in Skardu, where a grand rally was also organized. The rally passed through various roads of Skardu city and concluded at Maqpoon House.

Read More: Israel Allegedly Conducts Recent Drone Attack on UAE, Says Military Source

The rally was led by Wazir Ilyas and Raja Jalal Hussain Maqpoon. According to party leaders, this electoral alliance became possible due to the central-level agreement between Istehkam-e-Pakistan Party and Tehreek Islami Pakistan.

Speaking to the media on the occasion, Allama Shabbir Maithami said that they are participating in the Gilgit-Baltistan elections together with their allies and that the alliance would produce positive results. He stated that after victory, serving the people of the region would be their top priority. He also said that Syed Sajid Ali Naqvi has been serving the people across Pakistan and Gilgit-Baltistan through his capabilities and leadership.

He questioned what practical steps the parties that won in 2015 and 2020 had taken for the public. He said that people should give an opportunity to new leadership instead of repeatedly tested parties. Allama Shabbir Maithami further added that his party was not unsuccessful, but rather had been placed in difficult circumstances; however, they would now overcome those challenges and achieve a remarkable victory through the alliance with Istehkam-e-Pakistan Party.

On the occasion, the joint candidate for Constituency One, Raja Jalal Hussain Maqpoon, thanked Qaed-e-Millat-e-Jafaria Syed Sajid Ali Naqvi and other religious scholars for their extraordinary cooperation in forming the electoral alliance.

He claimed that his victory in Constituency One was certain and that after success, he would serve the people of the area more effectively. Wazir Ilyas, while addressing the gathering, said that he announced his withdrawal in favor of Raja Jalal Hussain Maqpoon on the instructions of Qaed-e-Millat-e-Jafaria. He added that he would play a frontline role in ensuring Raja Jalal Hussain Maqpoon’s victory in the constituency.

7:59 AM May 20, 2026
BREAKING NEWS
Scroll to Top