Lebanon’s Hezbollah resistance movement says its high level of defense readiness has so far deterred Israel from launching a new act of aggression against the country, warning that any such war would end in a “guaranteed loss” for the regime.
“All the indications point to the fact that Israel is deterred. It has not taken a decision to act in a renewed aggressive manner against Lebanon at this stage,” Naim Qassem, Hezbollah’s deputy leader, said in a Thursday interview with al-Akhbar daily.
“It does not flow from its morals, but rather from its understanding that any war against Lebanon is a guaranteed loss for Israel,” he added.
Qassem noted that any military adventures by Israel would yield no “positive results, either on the ground or in the political arena.”